Borderlands 3 launched on the 13th of September last year, and as we approach that same date this year, Gearbox has announced an all-new Borderlands 3 Anniversary Celebration. This special celebration will span six different week-long events, with the first starting on the 30th of July. As per usual for in-game Borderlands 3 events, all of this content will be free for all players.
The Borderlands 3 Anniversary Celebration
“Whether you’ve been with Borderlands 3 since the beginning or you’ve just started your journey across the stars aboard Sanctuary III,” writes Gearbox; “we want to sincerely thank you, the Borderlands community, for all the support, feedback, streams, videos, fan art, cosplay, and so much more. To show our heartfelt appreciation, we’ll be kicking off the Borderlands 3 Anniversary Celebration on July 30 […]”
The Borderlands 3 Anniversary Celebration is a 6-week special event featuring 6 different week-long mini-events. Every week, starting on the 30th of July, Gearbox will release a hotfix implementing the new event. The first of these events will be ECHOcast Overload. During this event, players will have a better chance of finding loot during Rare Chest Events when using the game’s ECHOcast Twitch Extension. The following five events, and their start and end dates, are as follows:
- Bonus Boss Loot (August 6th – 13th); this event will feature better drop chances for Legendary Loot from bosses.
- Loot Monster Mayhem (August 13th – 20th); in this event, players will see more Loot variant enemies, as their spawn rate will be higher.
- Show Me the Eridium (August 20th – 27th); this event will feature more Eridium drops as well as discounts on Eridium items.
- Mayhem Made Mild (August 27th – September 3rd); this event will include all of the Easy modifiers normally available in Mayhem Mode.
- Making it Rain (September 3rd – 10th); This final event of the Anniversary Celebration will feature more cash drops from enemies.