As we await the release of NBA 2K23, one of the biggest questions on everyone’s minds has been, “How will gameplay evolve?” Now, we finally have some answers. Just today, 2K revealed a whole bunch of NBA 2K23 enhancements that will serve to improve the overall realism and authenticity of the game. The best part is, Visual Concepts has listened to players when making these changes. Let’s take a look.
NBA 2K23 Gameplay Enhancements for Shooting, Skill Moves and More
Here are the enhancements Visual Concepts has made to gameplay in NBA 2K23:
- Shooting: Every signature jump shot is going to have unique stats via the shooting attributes addition. At launch, five new shot meters will be available, and you will have the chance to unlock 15 more as the Seasons unfold over the next year.
- Pro Stick Enhancements: Gamers will be delighted to know that Pro Stick will include New Gesture Combos. Additionally, you can stop worrying about unexpected skill dunks thanks to the new commands that Dunking is getting.
- Skill Moves and Adrenaline Boosts: Adrenaline Boosts are brand new to the game, and will help to prevent overdribbling. After you perform an explosive sprint launch or a hard go, a “Boost” is consumed. You receive three of them during a possession. Once you run out, your speed and acceleration go down until the possession is over.
- Defense: Blocks are getting an overhaul this year that will improve stops and yield more consistent results and a higher degree of realism. There are also going to be enhancements to ball security.
- Badges: If you are playing on a current gen console (Xbox Series X/S or PS5), you can look forward to a new tiered badge system. In every attribute category, there will be 16 badges.
- Takeovers: In Team Takeover, the whole team will now have one common meter. But there will not be any changes to primary or secondary Takeovers.
- AI: As many players have requested, there are going to be significant upgrades to AI gameplay on current gen consoles. Areas where you will notice improvement include pick and roll execution, defense, ball handling and coaching.
Listening to the Fans
Be sure to take a look at the latest Courtside Report for more details. Speaking about these enhancements, Mike Wang, Gameplay Director at Visual Concepts said, “We value community feedback when deciding how to bring each version of NBA 2K to life, and this year’s gameplay enhancements reflect many of the changes our community was calling for the most.” He continued, “From focusing on how players can attack the basket, to more realistic on-ball defense and a new tiered badge system, all the features we’ve brought to life in the game this year will create a more authentic gameplay experience that is enjoyable for everyone.”
It is great to know that Visual Concepts pays close attention to what gamers want to see in the NBA 2K series. 2K has promised some “additional deep dives” in the weeks ahead, so we should be learning more about NBA 2K23 soon. We will update you in our NBA 2K news section when these deep dives go public.
This is a good time to catch up on other NBA 2K23 news. Take a look at all the different editions of NBA 2K23 in our handy guide. If you are looking for a good general overview of everything we know so far about the game, you will want to take a glance through this post. All editions of NBA 2K23 will release on September 9th. You can play the game on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, Nintendo and PC. You may have to wait a bit longer to pay NBA 2K23, but not to buy it! NBA 2K23 pre-orders are live, so make yours.