The Resident Evil 2 remake has no shortage of unlockable bonuses, from weapons to entire game modes. However, if you’d rather just skip to the rewards, you can now do so with a one-time DLC purchase. The latest DLC for Resident Evil 2 doesn’t add in any new gameplay content or features. Instead, it allows time-sensitive players to instantly buy their way to the game’s greatest rewards.
Resident Evil 2 Instant Unlock DLC
Hardcore fans might scoff at Resident Evil 2’s latest DLC, but it’s actually a clever move on Capcom’s part. By offering players an instant-buy rewards option, Capcom is making more money and making the game more accessible. The price of the instant unlock DLC isn’t too bad either. For a mere $4.99, players get immediate access to the following features:
- 4th Survivor Game Mode (starring Hunk)
- Tofu Survivor Game Mode (basically 4th Survivor, only with playable Tofu)
- Unbreakable Combat Knife weapon
- Samurai Edge pistol with infinite ammo
- LE-5 SMG with infinite ammo
- ATM-4 Rocket Launcher with infinite ammo
- Minigun with infinite ammo
- All unlockable in-game models
- All unlockable in-game concept art
The DLC also includes all in-game alternate costumes which comprise the following:
- Leon Default Costume Alternate
- Claire Default Costume Alternate
- Noir Leon
- Noire Claire
- Arklay Sheriff Leon
- Military Claire
- Rookie Leon
- Elza Walker Claire
Having access to some of the above weapons right from the start can admittedly trivialize the game’s difficulty a bit. However, if you’re not usually a big horror game fan they can certainly help in a pinch. At the very least, they can make subsequent playthroughs (which the game encourages) much more fun and stress-free. Plus, there are still a few unlockables the DLC doesn’t cover, though we won’t spoil them here.
The instant unlockables DLC is available now for all versions of the Resident Evil 2 remake.