Destiny 2’s previously teased 2.1.3 update is now live, introducing a bunch of bug fixes into the game’s architecture. The update also makes it easier for players below 600 power to rapidly climb through power levels. The full patch notes for the 2.1.3 update can be read below.
Destiny 2 Update 2.1.3 Patch Notes
The 2.1.3 update doesn’t add any features into Destiny 2, but it goes a long way towards improving existing features. Specific game elements that the 2.1.3 update improves include activities, Crucible PvP, sandbox design, and more. The known Black Armory issues which Bungie recently mentioned have also been fixed in the update. If you were struggling with certain problems in the Scourge of the Past raid, they’ve been fixed too.
The most exciting change included in the update (at least for some players) is the sub-600 power reward tweaks. With the update installed, players who are below 600 power receive higher-powered rewards when completing Director Challenges. This means that Powerful Gear drops from activities like Strikes and Gambit are even more valuable to sub-600 players. The sub-600 power rewards tweak is likely in response to Black Armory’s high power level requirements.
We’ve laid out the full update 2.1.3 patch notes below, courtesy of Bungie.
- Fixed an issue where the final boss encounter of Scourge of the Past would not end properly.
- Corrected animation error on Awoken Corsairs so that they no longer pretend to hold invisible rifles.
- Fixed a rare bug in Scourge of the Past where players would not receive a Phase Radiance buff when meleeing a terminal.
- Fixed an error on Brakion’s weapon so that he can once again shoot at Guardians.
- Players will now spawn insides the arena with the downed ship rather than reusing the previous phase’s spawn points that placed them behind the spawned encounter barrier.
- Fixed an issue where Heavy Ammo was not spawning appropriately on Convergence
Items & Economy
- Players under 600 Power may now receive higher-powered rewards when completing Director Challenges.
- Fixed an issue where weapon frames would be removed from inventory in error when completing alternate forges.
- Fixed an issue where players were not rewarded properly when completing a forge activity that was joined in progress.
- Players may now access forge bounties before completing a forge activity.
- Fixing an issue where players were not properly granted the Scourge of the Past Emblem or Triumph for completing the activity within the first 24 hours.
- Fixed an issue where submachine guns awarded by research weapon frames were not dropping with the appropriate perks.
- Completing and claiming the Dreaming City Triumph “Ascendant Paragon” will always properly grant the Secret Victories Emblem and its Transcendent variant. Players who already claimed this record will have the variant automatically unlocked on reaching orbit.
- Removed Season 4 shader Crucible Solemnity as a requirement for the “Forged in Fire” Collections Badge.
- Fixed an issue where players weren’t properly being granted Harbinger’s Echo if they destroyed eggs across multiple characters. For affected players, the Sparrow will appear in inventory and be unlocked in Collections upon reaching orbit.
- Removed Annual Pass requirement for claiming the “Curator of the Black Armory” Triumph.
- Fixed an issue where the “Envoy While it Lasts” bounty did not display properly for players using Spanish, Russian, or French languages.
- Fixed an issue where Season of the Forge shaders were not dismantling quickly.
- Pressing reload while charging a fusion rifle will initiate a reload. Previously, pressing reload while charging a fusion rifle did nothing.
- Fixed an issue where SUROS Machine Guns (Avalanche) had more recoil than intended.