We’ve covered much of Destiny 2’s new Gambit Prime mode and its unique armor sets, but what about its weapons? It turns out there are four curated roll weapons that can drop during Gambit Prime matches. In this guide, we’ll explain how you can increase your odds of obtaining a curated Gambit Prime weapon.
Destiny 2 Gambit Prime Curated Weapons
The Gambit Prime curated weapons are tied to the role-specific Synths players earn from Gambit Prime matches. Along with the Synths awarded upon match completion, there’s a “bonus” Synth available during each match. This bonus Synth is awarded when the player completes a role-specific goal. Only one bonus Synth is available in each match, so players should modify their playstyle accordingly.
The four bonus Synth goals are as follows:
- Reaper – Damage and defeat a High Value Target (landing the final blow isn’t required).
- Collector – Deposit a total of 50 motes.
- Sentry – Kill at least five blockers (you must land the final blow for it to count).
- Invader – Earn the ‘Army of One’ medal while invading. Army of One is granted when you kill at least four enemy players as an invader.
When you accomplish one of the above goals you’ll be awarded the corresponding Synth. You’ll also have a chance of acquiring a specific curated roll weapon depending on the Synth you earned. As their name infers, curated weapons come with a locked-in perk lineup that never changes.
The four Gambit Prime curated weapons and their associated Synths are as follows:
- Reaper – Bug Out Bag SMG
- Collector – Spare Rations Hand Cannon
- Sentry – Last Man Standing Shotgun
- Invader – Sole Survivor Sniper Rifle
Reports suggest that other methods can unlock the Synths as well, but they’re unverified. Also note that these same weapons can drop with random rolls from other activities like weekly challenges and The Reckoning. If, however, there’s a specific curated weapon you want, the above role-specific methods are worth pursuing.