The Final Fantasy XIV patch 4.5 release date was announced by Square Enix alongside new details and a trailer. The patch will be releasing very soon actually on January 8, 2019. Players on both PC and PS4 will be able to enjoy some new main story quests, a new dungeon, and an exciting new trial to complete. Interestingly enough, this patch is designated as part one.
However, no news was given on when to expect part two. But what we do know is that part two will essentially be the final major patch before the third expansion Shadowbringers next summer. The new main story quests that will be released with Final Fantasy XIV patch 4.5 will lead players towards the next expansion. Part two will have the final main story quests prior to Shadowbringers.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 4.5 Details
In addition, there are a ton of other features and additions coming with Final Fantasy XIV patch 4.5. You can find an extensive list of the features that will be added to the MMORPG below:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The first half of the thrilling climax to the Stormblood storyline.
- New Trial – Confront Seiryu in both normal and extreme difficulties in the last chapter of the Four Lords’ quest line.
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Ghimlyt Dark
- Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid Dungeon – The Orbonne Monastery
- New Custom Deliveries – Crafter and Gatherer-focused questlines
- Gold Saucer Update – New GATE, “Air Force One”; New minigame, “Doman Mahjong”
- New Minions, Hairstyles, Emotes, and Mounts
Besides patch 4.5, there will also be smaller patches that follow that will bring additional content. You can find the full list of those extra patches coming in the future below:
- Patch 4.55 – Eureka, Hydatos Expedition; New Entry in the Large-scale PvP Rival Wings – The Hidden Gorge
- Patch 4.56 – Even Further Hildibrand Adventures; Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests
- Data Center Expansion for North America and Europe; New World Visit System