Team Cherry, the development team behind the 2D Metroidvania title ‘Hollow Knight’ has announced that the third and last downloadable content pack for the game will be released on Aug 23 for free on Switch and PC. ‘Gods & Glory’, according to the dev team, is the largest content pack that Hollow Knight has seen and will come included with new bosses, new music, new NPC’s, new quests, a new gameplay mode, and secrets galore. You can check out the announcement trailer for the release date below:
- New Character and Quest – The Godseeker arrives (and your romance options expand). Track down this disturbing yet alluring being, break her chains and aid her in an ancient duty.
- New Boss Fights – Hallownest’s greatest warriors raise their blades. Prepare yourself for giant new boss fights against the ultimate foes. Each new battle intertwines with the Godseeker’s quest. No specifics on how that’ll happen, but it may not be as you expect!
- New Game Mode – Hollow Knight receives a third game mode. This one’s been long requested and is a classic for the genre. Complete the Gods & Glory story to unlock the new mode.
- New Music – Christopher Larkin is going all out for Hollow Knight’s final free pack, with new soaring boss tracks and giant remixes of some beloved classics.
- Glorify Charms – Prove yourself and uncover a whole new depth to your charm collection.
Hollow Knight will also be getting a second soundtrack titled Gods & Nightmares, which is just one big epic album that will be releasing on Steam for $4.99 and will also be available on Spotify, iTunes, and Bandcamp on Aug 9.
Hollow Knight originally released in early 2017 for PC, but now, the game is available for download on Switch as well.