A new competitive game mode is coming soon to Star Wars Battlefront 2. However, DICE isn’t quite ready to reveal what the new mode is. Instead, the studio has unveiled a new pair of reinforcement troops called Infiltrators which will debut alongside the new mode.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Infiltrator Reinforcements
As their name infers, Infiltrators specialize in surprising enemies and striking them down quickly. There are two new Infiltrator units coming in Battlefront 2’s next update, one for each side of the conflict.
For the Republic side players can suit up as the Advanced Recon Commander (also known as the ARC Trooper). The ARC Trooper is the very first Battlefront 2 unit to dual-wield blasters, sporting a pair of fast-firing DC-17 pistols. Along with his blasters, the ARC Trooper is equipped with the following abilities:
- Power Blast – Overcharge your DC-17 pistols to fire a powerful long-range blast
- Helmet Scanner – Emit a slow series of pulses which reveal nearby enemies, even through walls
- Shock Trap – A throwable gadget which can be manually detonated to shock and stun nearby enemy players
As for the Separatists, they get the BX-series Droid Commando (or BX Droid for short). The BX Droid wields both an E-5 Blaster Rifle for long-range engagements and a Vibrosword for close-quarters combat. Additionally, the BX Droid can deploy the following abilities:
- Sinister Strike – Unleash a three-hit sword combo which knocks the enemy down if the third hit connects
- Smoke Screen – Throw down a smoke bomb which obscures physical units as well as UI elements like name tags and unit outlines
- Thermal Vision – Locate enemies through walls and other obstacles while also scrambling their scanners
A more in-depth breakdown for both the ARC Trooper and BX Droid can be found here. DICE says more information about the new game mode should arrive before the end of March. In the meantime, Battlefront 2 also recently received its Chosen One update which includes a playable version of Anakin Skywalker.