Register Now
GUERILLA

NINJA PLEASE...something all sword combat games got WRONG (fighting games got it correct) why dont they have SLAMS in Nioh/Sekiro/Tsushima???

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I admit I'm not exactly an expert, but that's debatable.  Personally when I think of modern martial arts, especially where grappling is concerned, I think of MMA, Wrestling, modern day Judo and such.  Those kind of arts evolved from Ancient Greek Pankration which WAY pre-dates anything from Feudal Japan.

Maybe there is something older from east that I'm not aware of and I would appreciate being filled in if I'm wrong.

Woah!!!

An intelligent reply!?!?!

Amazing!!!  I had almost given up hope LOL

Yeah, great point...the ancient palestras of the Greco-Roman days produced the first organized sports that Encompassed grappling as a integral part of the system and utilized the same types of holds we see in the ancient Asian martial arts

These games are specifically designed around the feudal era of Samurai / Ninjutsu combat 

As someone with multiple Decades of martial arts training I am very accustomed to the kind of dichotomy that exists between the television depiction of martial arts and the actual history

the hyper honorable samurai who fights with only a handful of certified techniques is a myth as these warriors were actually more like modern-day mercenaries than some kind of Buddhist monk and would use any means necessary to survive an encounter with an enemy

In this somewhat Talky video they specifically delve into the situation 

Remember modern Judo literally sprang from Samurai budo so any of these throws would be perfectly logistic in ancient Asian armored combat and really should have been added to the game because they are very tactical useful and extremely entertaining

Edited by GUERILLA