Register Now
ZandraJoi

Little House On The Prairie

I grew up watching this in the 80’s. It ran from 1974 to 1983, 9 seasons total. Not including the movies. I used to have the complete set including those movies.

I did read the books by the real life Laura Ingalls Wilder. You have to remember that the series is meant for entertainment & drama so is loosely based on her books. Some serious tones to it, but overall, a good, clean wholesome show.

Did any of you watch it? Do you happen to catch it when it comes on TV?

I grew up watching Little House on the Prairie and was given the first book to read when I was in 1st Grade by a teacher who wanted to get me hooked as soon as possible LOL It worked!

@ZandraJoidid you happen to have the doll? I tried looking up the one I have but I can't find it so it must not have been a name brand.

On 7/11/2021 at 12:14 PM, Lämmchen said:

I grew up watching Little House on the Prairie and was given the first book to read when I was in 1st Grade by a teacher who wanted to get me hooked as soon as possible LOL It worked!

@ZandraJoidid you happen to have the doll? I tried looking up the one I have but I can't find it so it must not have been a name brand.

I loved reading her books! Unfortunately, I didn't read them until way into adulthood, after I watched the series.

I never had any of the dolls. There are several on Ebay, Amazon, as well as private dealers. Maybe you could post on a Little House fanpage a description of what you remember it looked like. Die-hard fans should know the answer!