Register Now
TheFjordFox

Close Combat: The Longest Day

Hello there!

So, I am a seasoned veteran of the CC franchise, and have about 25 years of experience with them. Picked up my first CC game in the 90s, when I got a hold of the CC2 demo off a CD from a gaming magazine. Was amazed then, and love the games still! Currently I'm on a mission to play through all CC games with both factions in the grand campaigns of the respective games. I will be putting them all up on youtube, in due time. It's just something I've wanted to do for a while, and at some point I decided "you know what? I'm just gonna do it!" - and so here we are! Prior to this playthrough, I have also finished with both sides in Cross of Iron and Last Stand Arnhem. More to come in the future!

However!

Here's the links to the first episodes in each playthrough: (I'll edit in the German one once I finish the Allied playthrough.)

Hope some of y'all can get something out of it. Have a good one!

Edited by TheFjordFox

Sorry for the bump, but I wasn't able to edit my intial post (probably due to it being a while since I posted it), and I wanted to add the German playthrough to the post as well!

Either way, here it is; 

Have a good one, y'all!

This is massive and I've watched the videos you've dropped. I'm a huge fan of military movies and games.

The maps and infantry combat are cool and there's a natural feel to it just like what CC is known for but I think there's still a long way to go when you compare it to other war games where all options of warfare are fully exploited. I'm talking about armoured brigades, team tactics and the likes.

Yeah, I can't argue with that, CC, regardless of it's iteration is still stuck in the 90s. However, I do enjoy them for what they are, despite shortcomings and frustrating annoyances that has plagued me for decades. I honestly think they're fixing things that aren't broken, and leaving the broken stuff alone, judging from their last 3 releases 😕