Register Now
ImmersionGaming22

Which game if any had the biggest emotional impact on you, so upset you, angered you or left you feeling very satisfied after completing it??

The Mass Effect 3 ending. Because of how bad it seemed to me basically.

Carrying my save game through 3 games and making multiple decisions so none of it matters and the end is picking 1 of 3 colors. Above Casey Hudson said that the end would not be to choose a, b or c. Well, it wasn't choosing a, b or c. Was choosing blue, red or green 🤣

I liked the games, but the end of 3 was very bad. 

They could have made the indoctrination theory canon and it would have been much better, but with the free dlc of the "fixed ending" it was confirmed that it was not canon. 

I'm not going to explain the ending because there is no spoiler tag, but it didn't make any sense and it took all the interest out of the villains and the history.

Edited by Gonzalo

On the other hand, the game that left me feeling the best was without a doubt Outer Wilds.

It may not be a game for everyone. It has no combat, if you are looking for action and adrenaline it will bore you. It does not have inventory, nor levels, nor do you gain new abilities, you always have the same. But if you're looking for a space exploration game, it's the best, better than No Man's Sky, and much better than the Mass Effect trilogy, which is good (except for the ending 🤣) but its space exploration leaves much to be desired.

The design of Outer Wilds seems spectacular to me and is very interesting from start to finish. 

It's a game where yu give a space ship, and the game don't tell you what to do, where to go, or give you objectives. You have to be the one to solve the mystery, talking to people and finding information while you travel. The game doesn't use any of those tricks to psychologically manipulate and hook you, the interest in discovering what else is in that world is genuine.

The game also has a great story that you discover.

The game runs in 20-odd minute loops. During that time, things will happen in different parts of the world, regardless of whether you are there to see it or not. There are areas that are destroyed and inaccessible if you are late, others that you can only access at specific times of the loop.

I liked it because the game develops organically, but of course, if you have already explored most of the game and you are missing things that you know are on a planet, but you do not know where or at what point in the loop they are accessible, it can become somewhat tedious.

In short: I thought it was the best I've ever played, but because of its particularities, not everyone will like it. It's not a game for everyone.

On 12/12/2022 at 10:54 PM, Moonface said:

If you didn't see, The Last of Us Part 1 was announced as coming to PC on March 3, 2023 at The Game Awards.

Hey Moonface, i hope you are well and thats great news, ive only waited how many years lol 🙂 well that's my March sorted for this year then hahaha thx for the heads up mate! 🙂

On 12/14/2022 at 12:04 PM, Gonzalo said:

The Mass Effect 3 ending. Because of how bad it seemed to me basically.

Carrying my save game through 3 games and making multiple decisions so none of it matters and the end is picking 1 of 3 colors. Above Casey Hudson said that the end would not be to choose a, b or c. Well, it wasn't choosing a, b or c. Was choosing blue, red or green 🤣

I liked the games, but the end of 3 was very bad. 

They could have made the indoctrination theory canon and it would have been much better, but with the free dlc of the "fixed ending" it was confirmed that it was not canon. 

I'm not going to explain the ending because there is no spoiler tag, but it didn't make any sense and it took all the interest out of the villains and the history.

Hey Gonzalo, i hope you are well! 🙂

Yes mate i hear you on the endings, left a lot to be desired, but the games as a whole, so the selection of alien races and their back stories, such as the Quarian's who the human race could learn a lot from right now in all honesty, as we are also messing with AI at the moment which could possibly end the same way as it did for them lol but yeah back to the game, the soundtrack was also great, i just remember being totally immersed in those games while playing them and really struggling to pull myself away from them and back into the real world, so yeah it defo had a massive impact on me growing up did Mass Effect, plus you've got to admit the Normandy was and awesome bit of kit, i was devastated when it was destroyed. 🙂 

On 12/14/2022 at 12:45 PM, Gonzalo said:

On the other hand, the game that left me feeling the best was without a doubt Outer Wilds.

It may not be a game for everyone. It has no combat, if you are looking for action and adrenaline it will bore you. It does not have inventory, nor levels, nor do you gain new abilities, you always have the same. But if you're looking for a space exploration game, it's the best, better than No Man's Sky, and much better than the Mass Effect trilogy, which is good (except for the ending 🤣) but its space exploration leaves much to be desired.

The design of Outer Wilds seems spectacular to me and is very interesting from start to finish. 

It's a game where yu give a space ship, and the game don't tell you what to do, where to go, or give you objectives. You have to be the one to solve the mystery, talking to people and finding information while you travel. The game doesn't use any of those tricks to psychologically manipulate and hook you, the interest in discovering what else is in that world is genuine.

The game also has a great story that you discover.

The game runs in 20-odd minute loops. During that time, things will happen in different parts of the world, regardless of whether you are there to see it or not. There are areas that are destroyed and inaccessible if you are late, others that you can only access at specific times of the loop.

I liked it because the game develops organically, but of course, if you have already explored most of the game and you are missing things that you know are on a planet, but you do not know where or at what point in the loop they are accessible, it can become somewhat tedious.

In short: I thought it was the best I've ever played, but because of its particularities, not everyone will like it. It's not a game for everyone.

I also get where your coming from with the outer wilds, i played it for quite some time, but i dont think i completed it, or i don't remember completing it anyway! I remember the part where you had to go into a tornado that was rotating opposite to the others to get into some other world or something, but yeah i cant remember actually completing it, if im not mistaken i think i blew my motherboard back then so lost all my data and didn't want to play it all again, but i think i might play it again now as its been some time, as i remember really enjoying it! But yes mate, games dont necessarily have to be action packed to leave a lasting impression on you, they just have to be well written and well made, but yes i get why you would mention the outer wilds and i totally agree! 🙂