Register Now
Ravenfreak

Mighty No. 9

Mighty No. 9 was the first and is the only Kickstarter project I have ever backed. I had huge high hopes for this game when it was announced, so much I had a fan community that predated the official community. This was during the Mega Man drought where Capcom wasn't releasing any new Mega Man content. Keij Inafune, the man who actually designed Mega Man got the idea to make a spiritual successor to Mega Man, and thought Kickstarter was the best place to get the money for such a project. It met it's goal pretty quickly and even made it past many other goals to eventually port the game to platforms such as the Wii U and even 3DS. However, we all know the game got delayed numerous times and when it finally did get released, it was met with mainly negative reviews. Keiji Inafune ended up using a lot of the money to try and get a animated series made based around the franchise. That was the main reason why the game got delayed so many times. Fans who wanted a 3DS port of the game was met with disappointment as the port never seen the light of day, and even to this day there are still fans who never got the extra backing bonus gifts such as a usb drive with a copy of the game installed. So I have to ask, did anyone here actually like this game? Or were you disappointed with it like I was? Did you back the project? Perhaps you were even a member on my forum, Mighty No. 9 Universe.

Edited by Ravenfreak