Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Mafia 3 is evolving into something bigger

Before going into Mafia 3 evolution, I’ll mention flaws from Mafia 1 first. I played the Mafia 1 remake and wasn’t too impressed by it because it was fast paced, mission to mission with little chance of exploration. Why put that much work into creating a city and not have much of a chance to explore it? Waste of work. 

Mafia 3 definitely changed that major flaw. It still holds its fast paced story oriented gaming, but I see it as coming close to crime games like GTA. Mafia 3 has added things on the map where you can go inside buildings more, explore more and find different sorts of loot. 

If they keep the series progressing as they are, I see Mafia 4 rising into the competition with GTA and Watch Dogs. Don’t get me wrong, there needs to be much more to improve on with the Mafia series to compete with a sort of new style genre. I’m pleasantly impressed though with Mafia 3. It flows really well so far. The driving mechanics I can tell they put a lot of effort into it. And the camera while driving and maneuvering is pretty damn good. Change the setting and I might not be able to tell the difference between GTA 5 and Mafia 3. 

Story is excellent so far. I didn’t expect much after Mafia 1 remake, so I skipped Mafia 2 and went straight to 3. It caught me by surprise actually. The setting, the heartfelt story, it’s lookin good so far. 

What are your thoughts about the Mafia series evolving into a more exploration environment? 

I want to add as an edit: Mafia needs to also keep its niche, which is fast paced story telling, point A to B. I’m loving it now how they are balancing story and exploration opportunities. 

Edited by Reality vs Adventure