Register Now
BlazeNinja22

Why don't the DW9 trial tickets replenish?

I played the Dynasty Warriors 9 trial version, where there are 3 trial tickets that you can spend to play some the story mode as some characters. I spent them on Cao Cao, Sun Quan and Liu Bei, but none of these appear together in the beginning of the game. This was a problem because my brother wanted to try out the local multiplayer, so I would have to spend a ticket on Xiahou Yuan, Xiahou Dun or Sun Jian, because these were Cao Cao's allies in the first battle.

However, even though I deleted both the game and my save data multiple times, the trial tickets were already spent and the same characters were unlocked. Cao Cao's level was also kept the same (I only played as him), so I had to manually reset it in-game. It also doesn't help that the game takes many hours to download, so I had to keep my PS4 in sleep mode at night to try again the next day. I have no idea how or why such a tiny piece of data never changes when the rest of the game does, but it annoys me because I want to play a concise and connected story, instead of random segments just because their characters look cool.

TL;DR: Not only the tickets don't replenish in-game, they also aren't reset when I delete the game and all of its data.

Edited by BlazeNinja22

I admit I had to look this up, so my understanding of this has only been developed in response to this topic. If anyone else wants to offer advice from a more first hand experience, please do so. In the meantime, here is a link to Koei Tecmo America's website explaining how this works for anyone who wants to check it out.

If I understand the system correct, these tickets are redeemable like a single use online purchase to let you try out whatever characters you want for the trial version of the game rather than have the those characters chosen for you. So like any DLC or microtransaction, your selections are tied to your PSN account, not the game data itself. In other words, sorry, but I don't think there's anything you can do about this. Remember, these character tickets are purchasable, so there is no way that Koei Tecmo would allow people to just renew those tickets by reinstalling the game, it would never work like that. The only thing I can suggest is to try playing the game with a different PSN account or on another platform.

Edited by Shagger

7 hours ago, Shagger said:

I admit I had to look this up, so my understanding of this has only been developed in response to this topic. If anyone else wants to offer advice from a more first hand experience, please do so. In the meantime, here is a link to Koei Tecmo America's website explaining how this works for anyone who wants to check it out.

If I understand the system correct, these tickets are redeemable like a single use online purchase to let you try out whatever characters you want for the trial version of the game rather than have the those characters chosen for you. So like any DLC or microtransaction, your selections are tied to your PSN account, not the game data itself. In other words, sorry, but I don't think there's anything you can do about this. Remember, these character tickets are purchasable, so there is no way that Koei Tecmo would allow people to just renew those tickets by reinstalling the game, it would never work like that. The only thing I can suggest is to try playing the game with a different PSN account or on another platform.

Officer tickets are the ones that you have to purchase, which let you play the entirety of the story mode with the purchased characters. Trial tickets are the ones you get when starting the game for the first time, and I think you can only play the beginning of the story with the selected character(s).

9 hours ago, BlazeNinja22 said:

Officer tickets are the ones that you have to purchase, which let you play the entirety of the story mode with the purchased characters. Trial tickets are the ones you get when starting the game for the first time, and I think you can only play the beginning of the story with the selected character(s).

I brought up the purchasable tickets because it's clear to me that the trial tickets you receive for the trial version redeem in a similar way. Koei Tecmo wouldn't allow people to renew those trail tickets by reinstalling the game for the same reason that they wouldn't allow people to renew the officer tickets by reinstalling the game. Like I said, your only way around this is to use a differnts PSN annoying or play the game on a different platform 

On 1/30/2024 at 5:37 PM, Shagger said:

I brought up the purchasable tickets because it's clear to me that the trial tickets you receive for the trial version redeem in a similar way. Koei Tecmo wouldn't allow people to renew those trail tickets by reinstalling the game for the same reason that they wouldn't allow people to renew the officer tickets by reinstalling the game. Like I said, your only way around this is to use a differnts PSN annoying or play the game on a different platform 

The point is that deleting all data should not only reset the trial tickets, but also the purchased officers, so I wouldn't have to be stuck with the ones I got earlier.

8 minutes ago, BlazeNinja22 said:

The point is that deleting all data should not only reset the trial tickets, but also the purchased officers, so I wouldn't have to be stuck with the ones I got earlier.

If they designed it like that, what would stop people from uninstalling and reinstalling the game over and over to play as all the characters without buying the full game? Clearly, it doesn't work like that. I can't be bothered to argue with you, I'm just trying to help you realize there isn't anything you can do.