Register Now
skullchrist

Need Some Help Picking a Arcade Console and Game Emulator!!!

Has anyone used/purchased these?  Any recommendations?  Thanks! 😃

Pandora Fighting Stick controller with 3003 in built games

A Knock-off NES/SNES mini from Sonicon

A Knock-off Gameboy, again from Sonicon

Moderator Edit: I've added hyperlinks to the post to make the post a little easier to read. You can use hyperlinks by hitting this control tab at top of the text box.

hyperlink.png.5989018155d1cb19236d1b4ead06ff9d.png

Edited by Shagger

I don't have anything against people who buy these kinds of devices, but I personally wouldn't waste my money on them. They tend to be of low quality, are cheaply made, they're designs are meant to fool buyers into think they're buy something from a legitimate manufacturer (Like Nintendo), the emulation aspect is usually very poor, especially in the sound department and the in-built ROMs from retro games are almost always obtained without proper licencing and are, thus, illegal. If I had to have one of those three, I'd probably go for the Pandora controller, that at least can be used as a controller to play legit games, but I'm sure there are better quality alternatives out there if an arcade style fighting game controller is what you want.

5 hours ago, Shagger said:

I don't have anything against people who buy these kinds of devices, but I personally wouldn't waste my money on them. They tend to be of low quality, are cheaply made, they're designs are meant to fool buyers into think they're buy something from a legitimate manufacturer (Like Nintendo), the emulation aspect is usually very poor, especially in the sound department and the in-built ROMs from retro games are almost always obtained without proper licencing and are, thus, illegal. If I had to have one of those three, I'd probably go for the Pandora controller, that at least can be used as a controller to play legit games, but I'm sure there are better quality alternatives out there if an arcade style fighting game controller is what you want.

Thanks for the input!

Pretty new to this (looking for emulator consoles) and am just looking for the right one.  Like you said graphic and audio quality is key.  Just trying to find the games I played as a kid!  Hoping someone can point me in the right direction!

Cheers! 😃

Edited by skullchrist