Register Now
Kane99

What other devs should get a shot at the NFL license?

I know I talk a lot of crap about EA, but they are kinda deserving. I used to enjoy Madden, because it was at least a bearable football game when it wanted to be. But these days it's becoming a lazy mound of its former self. I honestly want a good football game, because I'm a fan of football. Is it too much to ask for a quality football game? EA has allowed their developers to drop the ball on production of Madden, and it shows with each new game. They just put a little bit of makeup on for each new release and call it a day. 

I just want to play a football game that works and plays like football. I know the NFL is aware of the hate their game gets. So why is it that they aren't listening to any of the feedback? I think I blame it on the gaming reviewers from big publications who are lazy and always give these maddens fair to good reviews. So maybe the NFL sees those and thinks they are fine. Because sure, they're making good money from this game. But imagine if these devs actually put the work into the games to improve upon them instead. What if they started showed 10/10 reviews because they actually worked on the game. 

EA isn't capable of changing because people still put money down for Madden yearly. 

But, what if EA was not the license holder anymore, and it was a free for all for who could take over developing/publishing rights? What studios could you see coming out on top? I could see 2K being an option, but that's one devil for another. 

Personally, I think the NFL should start their own development studio to make their own Madden. They could afford it easily, and it would mean all that cash from it would go to them. Of course this means no other studios can make it, but maybe having it under their own studio, would mean they would bring out the best product. What do you think?