Register Now
Maxi

At what stage would you consider it an addiction?

6 hours ago, Gonassis said:

Just last week I de-installed Apex Legends and unsubscribed from all Apex yt channels, the game is creating to much damage that I just had to get rid of it, and tbh this is the fourth or fifth time that I'm doing it. 

I love the game, I'm really good at it too. The dopamine rush is extra, but once I start I can go for 5-6 hours in one sitting, with half of the games not even being fun because you get a random team and get killed of quickly.

I do have an agreement with myself that I only start playing during Christmas breaks, and it usually sticks on my computer for a month or two until I reach Diamond rank, but this time it was half a year and I can't say that I'm thankful for the wasted time.

Last year when I quit playing it I replaced Apex with RDR2, and that game was a slow and rewarding experience, so I'm looking to get rid of these dopamine rush games and focus on the great titles that are still out there, the ones which you can sit down and relax with it, and not get frustrated too much.

I had that experience with playing Fortnite. It was just twice that I had to uninstall the game which after the 2nd time when I downloaded it against, I learnt how to hold myself back from it.