Register Now
Maxi

At what stage would you consider it an addiction?

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

It's never easy trying to get out of such withdrawal phase. It's why a lot of people who are addicted are struggling so much. 

It's only my alcoholic addiction that I have been facing serious problems with trying to withdraw from but I'm not finding it easy at all. It wasn't this hard when I beat my gaming addiction. 

On 6/10/2022 at 3:12 AM, Grungie said:

I'd call it an addiction if it's become detrimental to you, and you also start having something like a withdrawal symptoms and anxiety when you're not playing. Basically if you're letting it control your life.

That's true, well I never played video games till the point I can't go a day without it, though as a kid I could go to any length just to purchase a new game or get my parent to buy that new console every other kid is talking about at school. But now I just play video for fun and only when I have enough time to do so.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:31 AM, Heatman said:

No many gamers get that opportunity to earn money from their games. Not even those play to earn video games are coming forth. 

I had that thought at one time but I knew it's all going to end up with my giving more time and attention to the game which would eventually have me addicted to it. 

19 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Controlling addiction is never an easy thing to do. I'm thankful I'm not addicted in anything that I'm engaged on. I play video games when I feel like, addiction will put me on a state of apathy. 

If controlling and dealing with addiction was that easy, it wouldn't be making all the headlines because those affected would take care of it very much easily. 

4 hours ago, Heatman said:

If controlling and dealing with addiction was that easy, it wouldn't be making all the headlines because those affected would take care of it very much easily. 

Even WHO would get its nose into the affairs of gamers with labeling them of having gaming disorder. 

19 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

Even WHO would get its nose into the affairs of gamers with labeling them of having gaming disorder. 

It was right there for the picking by WHO, I was never surprised they had their opinion on that because truth be told, a lot of gamers are going off the track with how their addiction affects them. 

On 6/11/2022 at 10:10 AM, Aniekwe said:

I had that thought at one time but I knew it's all going to end up with my giving more time and attention to the game which would eventually have me addicted to it. 

I would give anything not to get addicted to games now because it was very difficult for me to get back to being normal when I was addicted last. 

7 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

It was right there for the picking by WHO, I was never surprised they had their opinion on that because truth be told, a lot of gamers are going off the track with how their addiction affects them. 

Lack of control on some of gamers part is what leads to everything they pass through. They can't help it when it goes beyond the ordinary. 

On 6/11/2022 at 3:53 PM, Dannyjax said:

It's all about how we work on ourselves to be better than what they look at us to be like. Everything is in our hands to decide what to do and what not to. 

On 6/11/2022 at 11:31 AM, Heatman said:

I never said it is easy, because we know how attached it can be to one's life, very misleading indeed when one is deeply addicted. That's the reason, why we need to take things easy and not rush in and feeling emotional all the time around that particular stuff. 

On 6/12/2022 at 6:53 PM, Dannyjax said:

Lack of control on some of gamers part is what leads to everything they pass through. They can't help it when it goes beyond the ordinary. 

I have been in that situation in the past and I know how difficult it is. When you try to beat it, you keep suffering withdrawal symptoms. 

1 hour ago, Aniekwe said:

I have been in that situation in the past and I know how difficult it is. When you try to beat it, you keep suffering withdrawal symptoms. 

It's never easy beating withdrawal symptoms in any kind of addiction you have. If you're not determined 100% to have it beaten, it will keep dragging you back. 

16 hours ago, Aniekwe said:

14 hours ago, Dannyjax said:

It's never easy beating withdrawal symptoms in any kind of addiction you have. If you're not determined 100% to have it beaten, it will keep dragging you back. 

This is why whenever I see anyone who's battling with any kind of addiction, I wound try as much as possible to help him or her out because it's never easy to beat it all on your own. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is why whenever I see anyone who's battling with any kind of addiction, I wound try as much as possible to help him or her out because it's never easy to beat it all on your own. 

They need all the assistance one can afford to give them. I needed a lot of help when I was trying to beat mine and luckily for me, I had it. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

A lady friend of mine just called me few minutes ago and was crying on the phone. She's depressed over a lot of things that's been going on in her life right now. I wish I'm there to help her get through it. I'm not even sure if she plays video games but she loves movies. I sent her links to download movies to keep herself company and feel better a bit.