Register Now
aerodynamik

Wireless or wired?

On 4/13/2023 at 6:09 PM, Kyng said:

All of mine so far have been wired, but that's mostly because I just go for the cheapest option available 😛 .

Not having a cord would be nice, but I'm not sure if it's worth the extra money!

To be fair, most wireless controllers nowadays aren't that much more expensive than the wired versions so you could look into them.

Wireless all the way baby. I recently got a wireless mechanical keyboard and cable managed my whole desk setup, so there are finally no visible wires on my desk. My keyboard lasts for about 2 weeks before I need to charge it, my headset for about 30 hours, and my mouse lasts for months upon months on one battery, so I very rarely need to have a cable there to charge anything. Both my mouse and keyboard are made by Logitech, who have damn near perfected wireless transmission in my opinon, so there is absolutely no noticeable input lag. 

The only thing that I do prefer wired, as others have pointed out, is internet. My PC and consoles are all wired up with ethernet, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

2 hours ago, Anders said:

Wireless all the way baby. I recently got a wireless mechanical keyboard and cable managed my whole desk setup, so there are finally no visible wires on my desk. My keyboard lasts for about 2 weeks before I need to charge it, my headset for about 30 hours, and my mouse lasts for months upon months on one battery, so I very rarely need to have a cable there to charge anything. Both my mouse and keyboard are made by Logitech, who have damn near perfected wireless transmission in my opinon, so there is absolutely no noticeable input lag. 

The only thing that I do prefer wired, as others have pointed out, is internet. My PC and consoles are all wired up with ethernet, and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

When I build a new desktop, it'll be the wired device and then I'll start using the Wifi on my laptop more. Just like you, I've started to shift towards wireless and mainly because it's become a lot more affordable.

I prefer wireless, but then again I am not really that far away from the devices so they do not have to go very far.

It also allows more freedom of movement with my mouse. To the point where I do not have to have a cable potentially blocking my input.