Register Now
Shagger

You Can Try Wild Hearts For Free For 10 Hours Through EA Play, But...

This Monster Hunter style RPG launched back in February and is free to trial for up to 10 hours until April 13nth through EA Play. That makes it available to Xbox Gamepass Subscribers too as as EA Play is included with that service. Full story from Eurogamer

But, Shagger, why are you discussing this as Gaming News? Surely this belongs in the Video Game Deals Sub-forum? Well that was plan, but then I looked into the game a little more, more specifically the Steam Page and there appears to be one teeny, tiny problem...

wh1.thumb.png.154e248117d56b2e4a52cb07e57593be.png

image_2023-04-09_180902774.thumb.png.fae2e978db26a25b2cb3dd8d28151ab4.png

... The game doesn't work.

And according to the article, the console version has problems as well. That's why I decided not to discuss this on on the Video Game Deals sub-forum because I couldn't in good conscience recommend this in it's current state. And given the fact the game has been out almost two moths at this point, it's unlikely these issues will be fixed before this deal expires.

This looks less like a genuine promotion from EA, who as far as I can tell have barley promoted this game until now, and more like a desperate ploy to up the player count before making some report to investors or something. I can think of no other reason they would only now heavily peddle a game in such a poor state. It's also significantly more expansive than Monster Hunter Rise, a game that also has a demo on PC that isn't a limited time offer, is also available with Gamepass and is available on both previous and current generation consoles. What the hell were they thinking?

Edited by Shagger

The trailers looked fun. I was like "Monster Hunter has actual competition now!"

But yea, I was playing on a Ryzen 7 5800x oc'ed to 4 Ghz, a 3070 Ti, and 64gb ram on an all SSD system. It was still struggling to hit 25-30 FPS at 1080p and 1440p. Not a very good look for the game. My EA Play trial was over before it released so I can't see if it's improved at all after launch.