Register Now
Dismal_Bliss

Turn ON "Follow" Notifications here at VGR Forums

I have been here a while and one thing I noticed is that if someone replies to me or replies to the same topic, I never know about it. I've been surprised to see that conversations have continued, and I never received an email, and worse yet, when I return to the site, there is no little red notification indicator up there by the bell in the top right corner of the user pane. Most communities have this on by default.

So go to your Notification Options and under Followed Content make sure you are automatically following content you start and also that you reply to and make sure at least the Notification List is on if you come here often, or that the email is on if you dont.

If you are into forums as much as I am, this will make for a richer experience here.

If somebody quotes your post or, for lack of a better term, "mentions" you by quoting you username @Dismal_Bliss like I did just there, you should get a notification. You can choose to follow users by clicking on thier profile and hitting the icon.

25504897_Screenshot2023-11-26031936.thumb.png.d15fc14befeb863a88e3c6989d610fb4.png

You can also follow chosen topics by hitting the highlighted control near the top of the thread;

1175923033_Screenshot2023-11-26032735.thumb.png.b9dbf6daf22b563533bca12f52ea9b2f.png

You should be presented with this drop-down menu;

image_2023-11-26_033457861.png.3aacb11f2e8802843b495298ae84f507.png

From there, you should be able to customise your options. I hope this was of help to you, but if you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask. Me and the other members of staff are here to help you.

Edited by Shagger