Register Now
Kane99

Will the Last of Us Part 3 tie into season 2 of the show?

We know that the first season sets up the main storyline from the first video game, and the second season is expected to follow the second game. But I heard a while back that the show would delve deeper into what happened before the second game, and may even delve into other storylines to flesh out other characters. So it got me thinking, could the series be a way to tease the 3rd game in the series? Say they extend season 2 to include some bits after the second game to sort of push it into the third game and then a future season of the show. 

Now I know the show and game are essentially different universes, and there may be difference between the show and game, but I really think the show is going to flesh the characters out some more, so we can see what the characters from the 3rd game were like before. Get what I'm saying? Kind of like a semi-prequel to the second game and a prequel of sorts to the third game. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

But I heard a while back that the show would delve deeper into what happened before the second game, and may even delve into other storylines to flesh out other characters. So it got me thinking, could the series be a way to tease the 3rd game in the series?

Are you saying the story in the 3rd game would actually take place inbetween Part 1 and Part 2? That would be weird.

I heard that the story told in the 2nd game would probably be split between season 2 and season 3 of the HBO show. That they can't tell the whole Part 2 story within the limit of ten 45-60 minute episodes.