Register Now
Kane99

Insomniac Games hit by hackers threatening to release details on new Wolverine game

Source:

https://www.videogamer.com/news/insomniac-hit-by-hackers-threatening-to-leak-marvels-wolverine-details/

This seems to be happening a lot lately. Especially on top of the past GTA VI leaks. Most leaks tend to be small little teases of what's to come, and other times it's an outright build of the game or a trailer expected to release a day later. In this case, it's hackers threatening to release details about the upcoming Wolverine game by Insomniac Games, the people responsible for the recent Spider-Man games on PS4/PS5. The group behind the attack is Rhysida, a hacker group that are demanding the devs pay $2 million, otherwise they will start to reveal details about the new Wolverine game within seven days. But, it's also being alleged that they are planning to auction it off for bitcoin, starting at 50 BTC (or $2M). So who knows if they will even honor the deal if Insomniac would be crazy to give in to their demands. I know they will not, so mu guess is these guys knew this and are planning to auction it off instead. 

The more worrisome part of this, is they might have some of the developers personal details and other personal/private stuff. It's being said they have access to some employees scanned passports, emails, as well as confidential and personal files/documents. 

What do you think will come of this? I figure the people behind this attack will eventually be caught, these days it's not as easy to get away with this stuff. But Insomniac is not going to agree to this $2M ransom, and will fight this I'm sure. Also with Sony on their side, should help a lot with the investigation.