Register Now
BlazeNinja22

How do I fix my PS Vita's battery?

I think I somehow damaged my PS Vita's battery when I broke my charger months ago. The third replacement cable, the only one that actually works, arrived this afternoon, but the console itself isn't charging correctly, if at all. I don't think there's a common solution for this problem due to its complexity.

When I plug the cable, the PS button's light turns orange, either solid or flashing, but the light goes off after some time. I can also turn it on when the light is off. The battery is stuck at 14% (I can tell because it's jailbroken and it shows the percentage), the battery icon doesn't show it's charging and it may or may not turn off immediately.

I guess it might be fixed by ordering a new battery, but I've already waited too long for EACH SEPARATE CABLE, with the third one being the only one the PS Vita even recognizes. I'm not expecting an easy fix, even if you are a professional on this, but thanks anyway.

These kinds of batteries are not made to last forever, they slowly loose thier ability to retain a charge over time. Given that the Vita is quite an old console at this point, not only is it not surprising that your battery is struggling with age, but it won't be a very sophisticated battery by modern standards either. I understand that it's a frustrating wait, but just order the new battery.

Yep best to just replace the battery at this point. The Vita is already 12 years old now, rechargeable batteries usually don't last that long. Hopefully you didn't have to wait too long for a new battery, but I know it can take sometime depending on where you bought the replacement battery from. At least now you've got multiple cables if the other ones ever break!