Register Now
Kane99

Supporting characters that deserve their own video game

Who are some of your favorite supporting characters in video games that you'd love to see get their own video game? I could probably go crazy discussing how most of the characters in Red Dead Redemption 1 and 2 could easily star in their own video game. I'm assuming the next Red Dead will be a prequel, especially with RDR1 signaling the end of the wild west. I don't know if fans would want a RDR game without the wild west setting, it's part of its selling point. I'm sure you could set it in the future after RDR1, but it wouldn't be the same. 

Anyway, to get back on subject, I think Charles Smith from RDR2 would be a great lead character for a future RDR. We could delve deeper into his future, or even his past and how he landed with Dutch and his gang. Plus, it seems fans really enjoy him as a character and I think seeing how he came to be, would be pretty cool. Of course, there's also Landon Rickets from the first game, who if I remember correctly, was one of the best shooters in the west. With Rickets I think they can delve earlier into the wild west, way before Dutch and his crew were ever a thing. But idk if fans would care for that. 

That's just one game, and I'm sure I could go on and on, but I want to hear some of your ideas. What supporting or side characters deserve their own video game? 

Does Tails count? Because I know that Tails had two of his own games, but they both were just too different from the normal Sonic formula. They're also only on the Game Gear, for those not aware of the games I'm talking about they're both Tails Sky Patrol and Tails' Adventure. Sky patrol was originally supposed to be a Disney game but plans fell through and Sega just had it repurposed as a spinoff Sonic title, plus it only came out in Japan. It's a on rails shooter, and Tails' Adventure is similar to a side scrolling action adventure RPG. I also think Silver the Hedgehog needs his own game too, he's only been in Sonic 06, and both Sonic Rivals games other than Sonic Forces on Mobile.

Sadie Adler From RDR2. I'd really like to see more of what she was up to while she was a bounty hunter.

Roxas from the Kingdom Hearts series. I'd love to see him get his own home console game. Years ago, I had a fairly detailed concept for a KH game where Roxas was the main character, and he journeyed to different worlds in the Realm of Darkness (mostly worlds from various anime series) with Xion and Axel as his sidekicks.

Rachel from Ninja Gaiden. I would've loved to see her get her own hack-'n-slash game.

Haytham Kenway from Assassin's Creed 3. One of my favorite characters from that series, it's sad that he hasn't gotten his own game yet.