Register Now
killamch89

Unexpected Gaming Delight: Name a Game You Initially Disliked But Grew to Love!

When Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire first came out, I was massively disappointed in them. I considered them a massive downgrade from Gold/Silver/Crystal because they got rid of so many improvements those games had made, such as animated sprites and the day/night cycle. Also I thought a lot of the new pokemon designs were uninspired. But over the years, I came to realize that in their own way, those games were actually better than their predecessors, despite their flaws. Now the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald gen is one of my favorite pokemon gens.

The original Borderlands.  I couldn't stand Clap Trap's personality at first, and the gameplay didn't feel that tight, but the more I played it the more I started to enjoy the game, and then Borderlands 2, and Tales from the Borderlands, and so on.  Good series!

On 4/4/2024 at 7:18 PM, HowHammerYou said:

When Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire first came out, I was massively disappointed in them. I considered them a massive downgrade from Gold/Silver/Crystal because they got rid of so many improvements those games had made, such as animated sprites and the day/night cycle. Also I thought a lot of the new pokemon designs were uninspired. But over the years, I came to realize that in their own way, those games were actually better than their predecessors, despite their flaws. Now the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald gen is one of my favorite pokemon gens.

I loved Ruby and Sapphire from day one and I realized they'd abandoned some things but some of the Pokemon from that region were pretty cool such as Rayquaza, Groudon and Kyogre. I also liked the Regi Pokemon as well.

The first time I tried giving Shining Force a go, I absolutely hated it because I wasn't a fan of tactical RPGs. However, years later I gave it another go and actually really enjoyed it! I eventually finished the game, and started on the sequel but got stuck and never picked it up again. :V I would like to eventually get around to beating the other games in the series.