Register Now
DC

Points System FAQ

One of the exciting benefits we can offer our members is the chance to earn Points, which can be redeemed for awesome rewards like a free copy of PSN or Xbox Live Gold Cards, a brand new Xbox One or PlayStation 4 console, or other video games. Here is how it works:

By being active on our site, you receive Points.  Point values for activities are structured as follows:

New thread: 5 Points

Reply to an existing thread:  2 Points

The principle behind these Point values is to encourage forum users to start new topics, and to make them as engaging as possible.  Active threads which users find compelling keep the community active and alive, and we want to reward users for creating engaging, informative, high quality threads.

Members will receive Points in all forums except for the Forum Games and Introduction since those posts obviously do not create as much value as posts in more relevant sections.

While we encourage you to make as many quality posts as you can, we must emphasize the word quality.  Please do not engage in spammy behavior to try and gain points.  Spammy posting is against our guidelines, and may result in consequences according to our Moderating Guidelines.  Indeed, we may revoke Points from users who engage in spammy behavior, send out warnings, and may even suspend user accounts if there are repeated or serious infractions.

Use the Points system responsibly and you will help us make this forum a fun and rewarding place for everyone – and you have a chance to win a free game, console, or other awesome reward!

How do I check how many points I have?

Simply click on your username to view your profile page and you will see your points total under your post count.

How do I redeem my points for prizes?

Bid for rewards!

What prizes are up for grabs?

The rewards are XBL points, video games, gaming consoles, giftcards, and more.

What happen to my point total after I redeem my prize?

If you have 8,000 points and you want to redeem a prize worth 3,000 points, after the prize is awarded to you, 3,000 points will be deducted from your account, leaving you with 5,000. Pretty simple.