Register Now
StaceyPowers

Most annoying quests in Fallout or Skyrim?

I game with someone who routinely becomes frustrated with the occasionally maze-like nature of dungeons in Skyrim, and will frequently give up on them and their associated quests entirely.

I can’t say I find most of Skyrim’s dungeons problematic, but I did detest Shroud Hearth Barrow for trapping me inside with an obnoxious puzzle. I also find Fallout’s vaults quite tedious in terms of layout—there is no orderly path through them. That being said, the only one that drove me utterly insane is the irradiated vault connected to the Hard Luck Blues quest, which I still haven’t finished.

On 1/23/2019 at 3:49 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I game with someone who routinely becomes frustrated with the occasionally maze-like nature of dungeons in Skyrim, and will frequently give up on them and their associated quests entirely.

I can’t say I find most of Skyrim’s dungeons problematic, but I did detest Shroud Hearth Barrow for trapping me inside with an obnoxious puzzle. I also find Fallout’s vaults quite tedious in terms of layout—there is no orderly path through them. That being said, the only one that drove me utterly insane is the irradiated vault connected to the Hard Luck Blues quest, which I still haven’t finished.

I felt like all of Skyrim's dungeons were pretty easy. I did hate the elementary school puzzles where you'd have to match the animal pictures on the pillars to pictures on the wall though lol. 

New Vegas definitely has the more confusing vaults compared to 3. My least favorite is that vault in NV that was overrun by plants. I get turned around in there all of the time lol. Something about the plants everywhere just makes me confused as to what direction I'm even going in. 

15 hours ago, Cleopatra92 said:

I felt like all of Skyrim's dungeons were pretty easy. I did hate the elementary school puzzles where you'd have to match the animal pictures on the pillars to pictures on the wall though lol. 

New Vegas definitely has the more confusing vaults compared to 3. My least favorite is that vault in NV that was overrun by plants. I get turned around in there all of the time lol. Something about the plants everywhere just makes me confused as to what direction I'm even going in. 

I actually liked that vault, lol, but it was a bit mazelike. And yes, I hate those animal puzzles. Having to search dark corners to find the combinations isn't really puzzle-solving, just ... being frustrated by dark corners.