Register Now
StaceyPowers

Who should compose the soundtrack for Elder Scrolls VI?

I heard that Jeremy Soule who scored Skyrim, Oblivion and Morrowind is “currently not involved” in Elder Scrolls VI. Now, being as Elder Scrolls VI must be at a super early development stage, I’m not sure I’d read into that the idea that Bethesda is passing him over as composer, but it is possible.

I read that this guy has a lot of issues involving undelivered purchases through his own company, which is kind of sad to hear. But just based purely on his capabilities as a composer, I think he’s amazing. I love how you can hear some of the same themes used from game to game and location to location, but he reworks them, giving a sense of “same universe, filtered through a different place/time.”

I was looking forward to hearing his work for Elder Scrolls VI, and will be disappointed if he doesn’t do the soundtrack.

If Soule doesn’t do ES VI, who do you think would do justice to the next game as well as his previous work? What composers would be able to build best off of what he has already created?