Register Now
StaceyPowers

Elder Scrolls VI: What do you want from guild quest lines?

The guild quest lines are among my favorites in Skyrim. I found them more fun and compelling overall than the main quest line, actually, and I always dread reaching the end of any of them. My favorites are the Mage and Thieves quest lines.

But my complaint about all the quest lines for guilds in Skyrim is that they are all essentially the same.

I have heard other people make this observation before as well. In all cases, you show up, find the guild in disarray, someone randomly puts faith in you to fix it all, and through a series of events, you help resurrect the guild from its disarray and you are put in charge.

I realized this was a pattern before I was halfway through the third of four guild quest lines on my first playthrough, and knew exactly what to expect from there on out, minus the specific details.

So, my question is, how could Elder Scrolls VI improve off of this? And are there other improvements you can think of for guild quest lines?

Alongside more variety, I think it would be interesting if you could play out storylines against guilds.

For example, Mjoll in Riften refers quite dramatically to the city as her “great beast to be slain.” But there is no quest line where you can choose to side with Mjoll and actually help her slay her great beast by going to war with the Thieves Guild. I love the Thieves Guild, but I also love Mjoll, and I think a compelling storyline could have been arranged around helping her win.

I also would like to see some quest lines after restoring guilds to their glory, if that is still going to be common in ES VI. For example, after restoring the Thieves Guild in Skyrim, I wanted a stranger to walk into town and commission us to do some kind of highly-complex uber-heist with a whole new multi-step quest line. Something like that would be awesome in ES VI.

What do you want to see from guild quest lines in the next Elder Scrolls game?