Register Now
Kane99

Lawsuit continues to pursue action over ‘drifting’ Xbox controllers

Well, it seems Nintendo and their Joy Con drift issues aren't just theirs anymore. Microsoft is facing a lawsuit over 'drifting' issues to their Xbox controllers. This has actually been a problem since the 360 days. I don't know how many controllers I had that ended up with messed up analog sticks. 

This is why I can't stand Xbox controllers, because they break down so fast. Each controller I've had since the 360, always have problems with the analog stick. Eventually the stick does start to drift and I then have to buy a new one, or stick with the faulty one and hope for the best. Anyway, it looks like Microsoft might be forced to repair some of the elite series 1 and 2 controllers. I don't own either, but have dealt with this with standard controllers since forever now. And the odd thing is, it only seemed to happen for the Xbox controllers. I never had that with the PS2 or any other console with analog sticks. 

Maybe this will result in free repairs of Xbox controllers. If so, I'm taking advantage of it to get some Xbox One controllers fixed. 

Read more about this here: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/lawsuit-continues-to-pursue-action-over-drifting-xbox-controllers/