Register Now
Kane99

Microsoft might be buying some other companies?

There are rumors going around, stating that Microsoft are interested in buying more developers/studios, similar to what happened with their purchase of Zenimax, which got them Bethesda. There are currently no details on what companies they're interested in, but I do wonder if it's something big like Bethesda. Who do you think it could be? Who do you hope it's not? 

You can read about this news here - GameRant

My prediction, as crazy as it is, maybe they're going to try buying up Take Two, owners of Rockstar Games. Reason why, is because I heard news that Tencent was interested in buying Take-Two, so much in fact, that they were raising billions in order to be able to takeover the company, which you can read more about here - https://segmentnext.com/2021/01/25/tencent-billions-acquisition/ 

I really hope neither of that happens though, as I would prefer most of these studios to stay put, as well I don't want just one console to get all of Rockstar and 2K's games. That'd be crazy. But, something like this could still happen, and it worries me. What do you guys think?