Register Now
Kane99

Six Days in Fallujah

Has anyone heard of this game? I guess it got a lot of backlash when it was originally announced in 2009. Originally Atomic Games was behind the game, and Konami was to publish, but they were dropped by Konami due to fan backlash, as the game depicted a real life event in 2004, during the Iraq War. Supposedly it was a war crime as well, and people weren't into the idea of that being a part of a game. 

But, the developers do make a good point here:

“When we originally announced Six Days in Fallujah in 2009, we learned that some people believe video games shouldn’t tackle real-life events. To these people, video games seem more like toys than a medium capable of communicating something insightful. We disagree.”

And I kind of agree with that. No matter what, we have games that depict war all the time, hell most games are violent and about guns and death. But, I think games can teach us just like movies or other forms of media about past events in history. Of course, you could also argue that the movies change too much, so it's possible games would do the same.  

What do you think of this game? Do you think it should be released? I don't know much on what happened in Fallujah. I hear many civilians died during that time, and I can understand why a game like this shouldn't be made. But, I'd argue, if they show the full truth, and show the atrocities of what happened to all sides, I think that would be a fair compromise. 

This article goes into a lot more details - Cultured Vultures

Also, you can check out the trailer below. 

So, do you think you'd play this game? I'm undecided myself.