Register Now
killamch89

Will we ever discover extraterrestrial life?

This is a very good one - It's possible that if our race survives long enough, we'll eventually run into some form of extraterrestrial life. Will it be in our lifetime? I doubt it but anything's possible. What are your thoughts about this?

Whether we encounter it or not is irrelevant. It's out there. Whether they encounter us is irrelevant. We're here.

From within this solar system, I doubt we'll discover any other life. Half of the planets are gas giants, and the others (with the exception of Earth) are uninhabitable for life as we know it. Granted, there is life out there that requires the conditions of Venus to survive and would die instantly here on Earth. There is life out there that would have to remain deep inside of Jupiter, but die instantly here on Earth. And I'm sure there is life that lives in the vacuum of empty space. We have already seen things like this here on Earth. Look at the life that has been discovered at the bottom of the Mariana Trench. Look at things like water bears. They can literally live in anything.

I believe that homo sapien will be extinct 100 years from now. I believe that there is a third world war coming, and that it will be a nuclear, chemical, and biological war. To put it simply, we're going to wipe ourselves out, as well as every other species of life on this planet. So I doubt extraterrestrial life would even want to meet us, let alone spend any time here.