Register Now
The Blackangel

Underground Dream House

Imagine your dream house (whatever that house may be). Think of all the details you would like this home to possess, including furniture. You are suddenly given the opportunity to trade wherever you live now for this hypothetical home, and your mortgage would be whatever you currently pay. The home will be in (roughly) the same location as your current residence. However there is one odd caveat: This "dream home" is buried two miles underground. When you look out of the windows, all you will see is dirt. In order to enter the residence, you will have to take an elevator that travels down the two mile shaft at high speed (it's about a 5 minute trip). The elevator is comfortable, and there is a staff (located aboveground) that provides 24/7 maintenance on the elevator - if something breaks or goes wrong with the elevator, you will be rescued immediately.

Would you accept this underground dream home?

Of course I would - no pesky neighbors thinking about coming over because there's no sign of a house. Plus you can make areas with images of sunlight and other stuff to liven it up. I'd appreciate if it was also waterproof and Earthquake resistant and I'd never want to leave. I'd purposely make it look like some kind of unused land so nobody would suspect a thing.

On 8/6/2021 at 8:31 PM, killamch89 said:

Of course I would - no pesky neighbors thinking about coming over because there's no sign of a house. Plus you can make areas with images of sunlight and other stuff to liven it up. I'd appreciate if it was also waterproof and Earthquake resistant and I'd never want to leave. I'd purposely make it look like some kind of unused land so nobody would suspect a thing.

Yeah but then you would have developers contacting you all the damn time wanting to offer you the "deal of a lifetime" to develop your undeveloped land.

Edited by The Blackangel

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Yeah but then you would have developers contacting you all the damn time wanting to offer you the "deal of a lifetime" to develop your undeveloped land.

I can choose to ignore them and besides if anyone sets foot on my property I can make them "disappear".