Register Now
killamch89

If a celebrity you love started a trend, what would happen? Will you always follow that trend?

Hell no! Well not unless it benefits my life personally in terms of financially or makes me better as a person. Just because I like someone means I must copy everything they do or say. I can think for myself and I'd not forfeit that right to some person who probably doesn't know or care if I exist. Do you agree with my opinion?  

I can't stand people who follow trends. It says to me that their identity is so weak that they have to wait for someone else tell them who they are. Granted I have had interest in some things that were trends, but even after the trend was done and over with, that doesn't mean I lost interest in it. For example I love fidget spinners. I have a bunch of them and am always on the lookout for more that I like. Though since the trend has died, they've become extremely hard to find.

Edited by The Blackangel

10 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I can't stand people who follow trends. It says to me that their identity is so weak that they have to wait for someone else tell them who they are. Granted I have had interest in some things that were trends, but even after the trend was done and over with, that doesn't mean I lost interest in it. For example I love fidget spinners. I have a bunch of them and am always on the lookout for more that I like. Though since the trend has died, they've become extremely hard to find.

Exactly - my sense of identity and individuality will prevent me from following trends without having some kind of benefit to me personally. It's never made sense when I was growing up and certainly doesn't make any sense now.