Register Now
Kane99

Think Battlefield 2042 will go free to play with all the issues?

Battlefield 2042 came out a broken mess recently and fans are not happy. It's another case of a game being rushed to release. I mean hell, the game doesn't have a voice chat, and instead of adding more stuff in, they have taken out modes, have less maps, guns and drivable vehicles. It's clear this game was not ready for release. 

Maybe instead, they should have tried the free to play method for this game. It's clear EA can't be bothered to let their devs work on games until they are complete. They must love the news every year about how awful their games turn out on release. It's like a trend for them at this point. 

I doubt EA will change, they will still push for early release dates, and will let the developers deal with the backlash. Anyway, this game will be fixed eventually, but gamers shouldn't be subjected to a $60 or $70 game that is a downgrade from previous entries and is a broken mess. I really believe they will end up making this game free to play eventually due to all these issues at launch. Just something about it feels like that is going to be the outcome. 

But, what do you think? Can Battlefield 2042 recover? Or is this game just destined to continue to fail? 

The game was a mess during the beta and it really is a shame because I was looking forward to trying it out this year. COD didn't interest me this year so it was time to return to Battlefield. Luckily for me, Halo Infinite has been good so far so I can still get my FPS fix from that. Hopefully EA get their act together for the next instalment.

4 hours ago, Darth said:

The game was a mess during the beta and it really is a shame because I was looking forward to trying it out this year. COD didn't interest me this year so it was time to return to Battlefield. Luckily for me, Halo Infinite has been good so far so I can still get my FPS fix from that. Hopefully EA get their act together for the next instalment.

EA needs to get their shit together. They have failed countless times over the years with many of their games struggling on release. It's mainly because they push their developers to make unreasonable release dates, and idk why EA can't do more delays. I wonder if these studios have to get EA to approve on a delay, because I bet a lot of their games could have been saved by a couple or few delays. Anthem, Madden, and now Battlefield. 

It seems every game that releases these days comes with a ton of problems. I think a lot of them fall into the safety net of "Oh we'll fix it up in the next few months to a year, no biggie", so they release it in an unfinished state and make updates/changes later. 

Things need to change fast, because games can't keep coming out in this quality. 

Unfortunately, there just doesn't seem to be enough of a reason for them to change their ways at the moment. Look at FIFA, we always complain about it yet buy it every year. Why would they change it? 

Hopefully the sales for BF2042 are awful and that can show them they need to improve the franchise asap.

5 hours ago, Darth said:

Unfortunately, there just doesn't seem to be enough of a reason for them to change their ways at the moment. Look at FIFA, we always complain about it yet buy it every year. Why would they change it? 

Hopefully the sales for BF2042 are awful and that can show them they need to improve the franchise asap.

That's the thing, there needs to be a change now rather than later. EA doesn't seem to feel bad about their many mistakes, and they keep making them. The good news is, that sales have been lacking for a while, especially with battlefield. I hope after this, they rethink their strategy. I hope 2042 doesn't sell well, because maybe then they will listen. But I honestly doubt anything will change until they get caught doing something really bad.