Register Now
Kane99

Games that feature good artwork - Okami, cup head, etc

What are some games you found to be impressive due to their art and quality? I'm thinking of games like Okami, Cup Head, and a few others that utilize more of an artistic feel rather than technical. Okami I played a little bit with a friend, and I remember the art style being so unique and special for the time. On top of it being a PS2 title and Gamecube title (I think) it looked great on each console, and has aged fairly well to this day. Then you got that Journey game on the PS3. But what are some other really artistic games that you remember playing? I think that Mickey Mouse game comes to mind too, but I forgot the name. 

Zelda: Twilight Princess had great art. It was an absolutely beautiful game, artistically speaking. Killer Instinct on SNES had graphics ahead of its time. DKC did too. The original Mega Man games on NES were also extremely well done. Then there's Conker's Bad Fur Day. That one had amazing design. The current South Park games look exactly like the show. That's almost impossible to do with TV show based games. Sonic The Hedgehog always had great art as well. It was amazing. Leaps and bounds above most SNES games. Say what you want about this next one, but I think Castlevania SOTN was beautifully done as well. Dantes Inferno and the God Of War games are also graphically beautiful.

There are so many games that were drawn beautifully, that it's hard to list all personal favorites.