Register Now
The Blackangel

What is something that made you happy, but should have had the opposite effect?

With me it was when my father died. He was an abusive drunk that literally beat me every day of my life. He also told everyone that I was nothing but a pussy. But when I found his body in our barn lot, all I could think was that it was finally over. No more beatings. No more being labeled a pussy. I was free. I'm still glad he's dead.

On 2/17/2023 at 1:44 PM, The Blackangel said:

With me it was when my father died. He was an abusive drunk that literally beat me every day of my life. He also told everyone that I was nothing but a pussy. But when I found his body in our barn lot, all I could think was that it was finally over. No more beatings. No more being labeled a pussy. I was free. I'm still glad he's dead.

It's very much understandable to feel that way and I can't say I blame you for feeling that way being what he put you through to be honest. 

I myself was in a mentally abusive relationship for a while, scared to leave when I had it drummed into my head no one would listen to me and no one would care. I am now finally free from that and have been for 8 years now but due to me having kids with the person, I have had contact with him regarding maintenance payments. He contacted me regarding them saying he was struggling bad, normally you would feel for someone due to that, I definitely didn't after all he had put me through.