Register Now
MobileGameFreak1992

Games addiction

On 5/1/2023 at 9:03 AM, killamch89 said:

COD and Dark Souls aren't really the average games. Those games take lots of skill and patience. I doubt I've ever completed all the achievements in either. I know for a fact, I've never done it for any Dark Souls title.

Speaking of hard-to-get achievements though, Persona 4 has a legendarily difficult achievement called Hardcore Risette Fan that even the most hardcore Persona fans had trouble getting. I'd say the Persona series qualify enough as among "average games/JRPGs." It might have been an old game, but the port on Steam is relatively new, meaning more players suffering from never getting 100% achievements for this one.

Edited by Akun

On 6/11/2023 at 7:44 PM, Akun said:

Speaking of hard-to-get achievements though, Persona 4 has a legendarily difficult achievement called Hardcore Risette Fan that even the most hardcore Persona fans had trouble getting. I'd say the Persona series qualify enough as among "average games/JRPGs." It might have been an old game, but the port on Steam is relatively new, meaning more players suffering from never getting 100% achievements for this one.

Sit through listening to Rise's navigation lines - 250 at that? Nope, I'd never put myself through that.

I haven't personally, no, but I know of people who have. Several things can make video games addictive. Some factors include a person's vulnerability to addiction, any existing psychological issues they may have, the way the game is designed (like how it rewards players or encourages social interaction), and whether there are online multiplayer options available. These factors can contribute to making some people more likely to develop an addiction to video games.

I pick a game and play it continuously until I'm done with all the main missions. Once I'm done, I stop playing it. So, I won't call it an addiction. 

I've never been addicted to any game. At least no RPGs. But yeah, I remember I used to spend a lot of time playing PUBG Mobile with my friends. The reason was not addiction but the drive to reach the highest rank "Conqueror". None of it ever impacted my life negatively in any way.