Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Zombies Noir Oculus VR mixed reality--kill zombies in your own room!

I thought this was interesting. The game mixes augmented reality with a video game. You can view your own room through your headset and you place doors where you want so that zombies come through the doors and you have to kill them. The concept is simple and I think the plot is surviving waves of zombies and you get a weapon cache and upgrades in your room. Almost like it's your last bastion of hope and all the world outside is gone. Can you imagine though, your own room invaded by a zombie apocalypse? This is something I have wondered about if augmented reality would be used more in VR. Before you know it you could have a game with your whole house and your yard, or even give you the choice to decide where to play. Like go into the woods while you play a werewolf game. Go to a cemetery and play a demented skeleton rising from the grave type game. Geez, possibilities are endless. This game is important. Because now we can officially say...it's here!!!

This is actually quite weird but also at the same time, it is something you would want to experience as well. 

I have seen many videos where people panic on VR over things such as height or even falling but something like zombies is completely different. 

I definitely see some accidents happening when people are fighting zombies using a VR headset in their own living room!

17 hours ago, Shortie said:

I definitely see some accidents happening when people are fighting zombies using a VR headset in their own living room!

Yeah no doubt it's an accident waiting to happen. Even the the Oculus has a boundary you draw yourself. You use the control to draw a circle of your boundary area and if you cross it, it shows on your screen a bright colored wall. As long as that part of the room is clear it should be ok, but I don't know. If zombies were going in through multiple doors, I can see it getting out of control. Just don't play drunk...LOL

5 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Yeah no doubt it's an accident waiting to happen. Even the the Oculus has a boundary you draw yourself. You use the control to draw a circle of your boundary area and if you cross it, it shows on your screen a bright colored wall. As long as that part of the room is clear it should be ok, but I don't know. If zombies were going in through multiple doors, I can see it getting out of control. Just don't play drunk...LOL

I did not know that, that is an awesome feature to have with the Oculus to prevent any kind of severe injuries or issues when playing. 

I agree, even though I know some have played drunk when using VR, this game may not be a wise one to play when drunk LOL!