Register Now
The Blackangel

Best survival horror games

For those of us who are fans of horror games, which of these on this short list have you played, and which was your favorite? My favorite of the ones listed is by far Layers Of Fear. That game is such a mindfuck, that you have to play it at night, with all the lights and sounds off to really experience the game. That's what I do, anyway.

Outlast isn't bad. I have Outlast 1 & 2 downloaded on my Switch. They're good games. The problem is that it seems the only reason it's considered a horror game is due to jump scares. At least that's my take on it. But I'm also more into the psychological kind of horror games, so I may be a bit biased.

Outlast was good, but I honestly did not complete it because it scared me too much with the jump scares. 😛 I was more so worried about throwing the controller and breaking it from the fear. 

Until Dawn was an interesting play though. I know when I first played it in 2015 it scared me a lot more than when I played it through again a few months ago. The graphics were amazing for its time, but now playing it again I noticed the graphics were not amazing. I like the main characters cast! Hayden Panettiere was one of the main characters in it.