Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

What am I currently looking for in a game?

I’m trying all sorts of things lately. I originally wanted something fun with little brain mechanism and so I played the Destroy All Humans remaster, which I love. But it’s not it! I am playing Control and is cool! But I have to be in the zone to play it. Military, it’s cool but naw…Open worlds take a lot of time which I feel burnt out somewhat with them right now. I started playing older generation games like Infamous, Awesome!!! That, along with Control has intrigued me for Sci fi games. I think what I want right now is good sci fi. I want crazy stuff. Off the wall. So I guess I answered my question. But got now I don’t want an open world. I’m playing the Metro trilogy right now and boom! It’s hard stuff. I always had the impression it wasn’t all that. But, oh man, it is something special. I’ve been playing the trilogy full steam ahead. But what is it? There is something more I need to play. What is it? It’s like I’m craving some damn sloppy enchiladas or nachos dripping with everything and the chips stay crunchy. What is it? What am I looking for?

What are you looking for? Is there a curiosity in a genre you haven’t explored yet? Are you simply contempt? Not I. Maybe I’m looking for rarities. What is it though? It’s like I’m lacking a mineral. What is my game mineral that I need? 

Are you strictly wanting sci-fi, or are you open to other genre's? I'm looking at my library and will list the ones that stick out to me most before posting my entire PS3/PS4 list. I'll post some trailers after that.

That said, the main two from PS3 that stick out for me are Thief and Dante's Inferno. God Of War is a great series, but we all know what those games are like, so I don't think a trailer is necessary in any way. Which Infamous games have you played?

From PS4, despite them being horror games, I would highly recommend you check out the Dark Pictures Anthology. Little Hope and Man Of Medan are my two favorites in the franchise. Actually, I recommend everyone check them out. But then if you want only sci-fi, you could start out looking at Star Wars just as a jumping off point, and consider games that leads you to.

PS3 - - -

Assassins Creed 1,2,3
Bound By Flame
Castlevania Lords Of Shadows 1,2
Dantes Inferno
Dark Kingdom
Dark Souls 1,2
Darksiders 1,2
Defiance (DDL)
Demons Souls
Devil May Cry 1,2,3,4
Dishonored (2 Copies)
Dragon Age II
Dragon Age Inquisition Deluxe Edition
Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition (DA Origins, DA Origins Awakening)
Dragons Dogma
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion
Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Fallen Angel Sacred II
Family Guy Back To The Multiverse
FFX/X2
God Of War 1,2,3, Chains Of Olympus, Ghost Of Sparta, Ascension
Heavenly Sword
Hunted: The Demons Forge
Infamous Collection (Infamous, Infamous2, Infamous: Festival Of Blood)
Lair
Last Of Us, The
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge
Reckoning Kingdom Of Amalur
Remember Me
Rise Of The Argonauts
Risen 2 Dark Waters
Risen 3 Titan Lords
South Park The Stick Of Truth
Thief
Two Worlds

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************

PS4 - - -

Bloodborne
CodeVein
Dark Pictures Anthology: House Of Ashes
Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope
Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan
Dark Pictures Anthology: The Devil In Me
Detroit: Become Human
Dishonored Definitive Edition
Dragon Age Inquisition
Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
For Honor Gold Edition
God Of War
God Of War III remastered
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Horizon Zero Dawn
Kingdom Come Deliverance
Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reconing
Lords Of The Fallen
Mortal Kombat 11 (steelbook)
Mortal Shell
Pillars Of Eternity Complete Edition
Re-Reckoning Kingdom Of Amalur
Red Dead Redemption II Ultimate Edition
Shovel Knight
Styx: Shards Of Darkness
Tormented Souls
Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection (Drake's Fortune, Among Thieves, Drake's Deception)
Vampyr

*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************