Register Now
The Blackangel

Which SMB 2 Did You Get?

There are actually two different versions of what is labeled "Mario 2". The one we got here in the states was the one where Mario is actually asleep dreaming, but you don't find out until after you beat the final boss Wart. A frog that doesn't like vegetables. But there was also another one that, here, we know it as SMB The Lost Levels. It's the same graphical style as the original SMB game, but is a hell of a lot harder.

Here we got the Mario dreaming one. But around the world, different countries saw different games. So which did you get where you live?

I live in the states too so I ended up with the same game as you. Honestly I never really could get into Super Mario Bros. 2 here, it's just a hack of Doki-Doki panic which is another NES title. I prefer The Lost Levels, I remember playing it on Super Mario All-Stars as a kid since one of my childhood friends had a SNES. I suppose Nintendo thought we couldn't handle The Lost Levels at first, I mean Squaresoft thought we couldn't handle a JRPG so we ended up getting Mystic Quest instead of Final Fantasy V.