Register Now
Kane99

I hope Maximum Football turns out to be a good alternative to Madden NFL

I've been keeping a close eye on a new football video game called Maximum Football, it's supposed to be an alternative football game to the likes of Madden NFL. Since Madden still has the NFL license there's not much else out there in terms of American football. Yeah we could go back to play older games like ESPN NFL 2K5, and I have done that, and in some ways I'd just say do that instead of playing any new iteration of Madden. But I want to see something new come out that isn't just another Madden game. 

Maximum Football has not released yet, but it looks like the football game I want, one with tons of customization. Madden sucks for customization. They always have the same custom team options, maybe adding a new team every year. But they are always limited to certain areas. Back when Madden brought in the custom team options, they had so many team options and you could put your team anywhere. But recent Madden games limit you to certain areas, and those teams can't be used in other cities or locations. But this game looks like it'll let you customize your game the way you want it, even going as far to customize your team logo, colors, etc, you could maybe even create your own leagues, set your own rules, create custom plays and more.

Also, it's said to be free to play, which would throw a ton of shade to Madden and EA if it turns out to be good. I just wish it would release soon, I've been itching for something different than Madden. 

Check it out on steam: 

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1691280/Maximum_Football/

It's free to play? OK, I'm not going to pretend I was in any way interested to begin with, but that has got to set alarm bells off, especially if the customisation is what they promise. It's nice that fans can have an alternative, but given how predatory the monetization is in Madden, a game that's full price, the bar of what Maximum Football can get away with is set worryingly high. I'm not saying that it will be that bad, I'm just pointing out that it could be that bad and nobody would be able to argue.