Register Now
Kane99

Alien Resurrection cheat code lets you play burned discs without modding PS1

A developer of the game Alien Resurrection revealed recently that there is a cheat code you can enter that allows you to boot up burned discs, completely skipping the process of modding your PS1 console. This method means you don't need to mod your PS1 anymore to play burned discs. This was revealed 20+ years after the games initial release, so this exploit was present all this time. You also don't need a memory card for it to work. 

Since the exploit was revealed though, the prices for the game seemed to have gone up some. Right now a complete in case version goes for well over $100. But be cautious, when I searched for the game they also showed Alien Trilogy, which has a very similar cover art, so that almost confused me. So if you want to play burned discs and don't want to deal with modding a PS1 and possibly damaging old hardware, this is an option for you. Hopefully you have a copy of Resurrection on hand. I suppose it's good to have this option. 

Has anyone here modded a PS1 before? 

Bear in mind that it's still piracy to burn games you don't own, so do this at your own volition. 

You can read more about this here, along with how to do the exploit - https://hothardware.com/news/alien-resurrection-softmod-cheat

MVG made a video about it that you can watch below. 

Edited by Kane99

Oh man I wish I had this game. It would make it much easier to play burned games, I used to do the disc swap method when I was younger but I was always afraid that I would mess up either my PS1 or the disc since you have to quickly swap discs. I have no soldering skills yet, so I can't add a mod chip to my PS1. (I got a clock kit though so I can practice soldering for Christmas though!)