Register Now
Kane99

True Crime: New York City

True_Crime_-_New_York_City_Coverart.jpg MV5BMjFhNmFlYWUtZjBhZS00MzQzLWEwZTUtNDdhY2UzOTA5YTZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU2NDgzODU@._V1_.jpgtrue-crime-new-york-city_16.jpg

Who here played the True Crime: New York City game? It was the sequel to True Crime: Streets of LA. I honestly don't remember a whole lot about this one. I remember Streets of LA fondly, but don't remember playing this one that often. I don't think we even purchased the game, likely rented it at some point, didn't like it and moved on. But does anyone here remember playing it? I have a copy for it on Xbox and have been thinking about emulating it soon to see if it matches up with Streets of LA. 

It released on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, Windows, & mobile in November of 2005, two years after Streets of LA. The series later ended up becoming what we know as Sleeping Dogs today. Sadly we haven't gotten a sequel in forever. I think it's due for one. 

You know that I didn't remember this series existed. True Crime: Streets of LA was an amazing game. I think that I did play New York City as well but I didn't finish it. If I remember correctly, I had borrowed it from a friend for a few days.