Register Now
Kane99

PS5 Pro Might Feature AI Upscaling, AMD Hints

There are rumors going around saying that AMD's new AI upscaling tech will be a part of the yet to be announced PS5 Pro. I am okay when AI is used to help make graphics pop more, that's fine. I don't like when AI is used to create everything. Upscaling to me, sounds exactly what these new AI tools should be used for. Making things look better, work better, etc. If this does happen, I wonder what Xbox's answer would be. We know Microsoft is using AI a lot these days, so I wouldn't doubt they do something, or have something similar planned with the next Series X|S and their future consoles. 

What do you think about the use of AI for upscaling and making other small improvements?

Still, they are just rumors, so it could end up being bs. I'm sure we'll get a PS5 Pro at some point. The article below also discusses that Sony has been in talks with "midsize third-party partners" behind the scenes, which could mean the Pro gets unveiled soon. 

Read more on this news here - https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2024/03/05/ps5-pro-specs-ai-upscaling-amd-hint/

Upscaling is about the only thing I will tolerate AI doing. I'm almost completely opposed to AI, because it's a replacement for the human mind and eventually humanity in general. I'm reminded of a quote from The Matrix, "This was the peak of your civilization. I say your civilization because as soon as we began making your decisions for you, it became our civilization." But whatever, just as long as they don't allow it to learn outside its programming.

I was planning to buy a PS5 Pro this year, but Sony recently made a very strange statement regarding the PS5. They said it was in the latter part of its life cycle already. Now the PS5 is just over 3 years old, so if it's already past the halfway point, that would indicate the PS6 releasing in 2026 instead of the previously rumored 2028 release. So why would I buy a new console now if they're just going to release another one in roughly 2 years? Plus I'm certain that the PS6 will be getting all of the PS5 games as (possibly 8K) remasters. I guess I'll be playing Elden Ring Complete Edition Remastered and Demon's Souls Remake Remastered on the PS6.🤣

Really, Sony's statement about the PS5 reminds me of when the president of SEGA said, "The Sega Saturn isn't our future." and killed interest in that console.

2 hours ago, HowHammerYou said:

Upscaling is about the only thing I will tolerate AI doing. I'm almost completely opposed to AI, because it's a replacement for the human mind and eventually humanity in general. I'm reminded of a quote from The Matrix, "This was the peak of your civilization. I say your civilization because as soon as we began making your decisions for you, it became our civilization." But whatever, just as long as they don't allow it to learn outside its programming.

I was planning to buy a PS5 Pro this year, but Sony recently made a very strange statement regarding the PS5. They said it was in the latter part of its life cycle already. Now the PS5 is just over 3 years old, so if it's already past the halfway point, that would indicate the PS6 releasing in 2026 instead of the previously rumored 2028 release. So why would I buy a new console now if they're just going to release another one in roughly 2 years? Plus I'm certain that the PS6 will be getting all of the PS5 games as (possibly 8K) remasters. I guess I'll be playing Elden Ring Complete Edition Remastered and Demon's Souls Remake Remastered on the PS6.🤣

Really, Sony's statement about the PS5 reminds me of when the president of SEGA said, "The Sega Saturn isn't our future." and killed interest in that console.

I agree. Sony has been making a bunch of idiotic decisions in recent years. Their CEO also stated they'd invest more heavily in live-service games which is a despised genre amongst gamers. I can't even name you three good ones.