Register Now
Kane99

How was Sonic Unleashed compared to the later games?

Sonic Unleashed came out after Sonic 06, and from what I remember, it didn't do much of anything to improve upon that game and what came before it. I just remember playing this one and thinking it was a waste of time than anything. It was just one of those game that was mostly forgettable, and yet it happened. Are there any who like the game? It was a lot better than Sonic 06, but that's honestly not saying much with how awful that game was and how mediocre this one was. 

How do you think this game compares to the newer titles? I don't think it comes close in quality and gameplay, but I think it's playable enough. 

As someone who is a die hard Sonic fan, I say Unleashed day time stages are definitely worth playing especially on a Xbox Series X/S! The game runs at a full 60 fps, I can't wait to experience this game in 60 fps once I get my Xbox Series S tomorrow. The werehog stages aren't the best, I still think Knuckles should have been a playable character but it would have thrown off the story. Word of advice, never listen to the critics when it comes to Sonic games. Even the best games don't get the best scores because of some random website giving a game a mediocre score. (Just look at Frontiers, it almost got a great score but then some random website decided to give it a 5 out of 10 and of course started their review talking about Sonic 06 and how "Sonic's leap into 3D was rocky." 🙄) Generations is better though, and of course Sonic Mania has been the best game to come out of the franchise in the 2010's. (Though I do prefer 2D Sonic over 3D...)